MMTP-Grand Concourse - Bronx Location
Assistant Director of Operations
Under the dual supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations and the Downstate Maintenance Coordinator, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and physical plant compliance with local and governing agency codes. The primary goal of this position is to provide a safe and secure environment of care that supports the delivery of an effective treatment program.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily routine repairs to the physical plant.
- Monitors fire and safety integrity of the facility.
- Monitors/inspects equipment so as to maintain optimum working conditions.
- Monitors work activities of outside contractors.
- Negotiates established purchasing systems.
- Works cooperatively with Maintenance Projects Team as needed.
- Maintains shop, work areas, tools and supply inventory in good order.
- Supervises client team to provide assistance with daily work activities.
- Works cooperatively with other staff.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Must possess the aptitude for and skills in plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, etc. under the general maintenance level.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Must possess the physical skills and stamina to perform job responsibility, including but not limited to, digging, lifting, and carrying. Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds. Must possess skills in the use of tools, materials, and equipment, and be able to climb ladders and scaffolds and work from either.
- Technical trainings and/ or work experience (minimum of four years) in one or more of the above mentioned skills.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment and Microsoft Office knowledge preferred).