Criminal Justice Navigator
Vernon C. Bain Correctional Facility
The Criminal Navigator primary responsibility is to manage the services delivered by the staff to support the contract between Damien Family Care and Samaritan Village to conduct screening activities to assess treatment needs and conduct individual and group counseling sessions to help inmates prepare to enter addiction treatment services post-release from the Vernon C. Bain Correctional facility. The goal of these activities is to coordinate care with the DFCC management staff and to facilitate effective discharge planning with inmates who have addiction treatment needs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocates to applicable TASC, Treatment Court and ADAs for judicial diversion for newly admitted VCBC clients who are deemed appropriate for substance abuse treatment
- Works closely with defense attorneys to ensure a collaborative plan of action for each participant
- Conducts outreach services and acts as a representative of Samaritan Village in the criminal justice community for the purpose of recruitment
- Advocates for eligible clients during court proceedings
- Acts as the liaison between VCBC management staff and the courts
- Conducts Admission screening and other applicable assessments as required by SV
- Ensures up to date criminal justice reporting for SV clients
- Provides and / or coordinates transportation for new admission referrals
- Complies monthly statistics to report on productivity and performance
- Writes correspondence to Courts, Case Manager and or Probation officers to communicate planning for inmates released to Alternatives to Incarceration
- Works cooperatively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Performs other tasks as directed by supervisor
- Comply with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong management and supervisory skill and knowledge of criminal justice and addiction treatment systems.
- Ability to articulate clearly and concisely what the Samaritan Village treatment continuum entails and the services provided.
- High School Diploma or GED and CASAC with three years of experience in human services.
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling or human services field with 1-year experience in a related capacity in a social service setting.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment knowledge preferred).