Case Manager II & III - NYC Area & Ellenville (Substance Abuse Treatment)
Cape Road-Ellenville, NY
Ellenville- Ellenville, NY
Women's Vet's Program Ellenville, NY
Young Mother's- Manhattan, NY
Richmond Hill- Queens, NY
Assistant Director of Clinical Services
The Case Manager II provides case management/counseling/advocacy services to an assigned caseload and participates as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to facilitate the client recovery/rehabilitation process. These goals are accomplished by providing individual and group counseling, making appropriate interventions as needed, and maintaining the healthy integrity of the program environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides case management/advocacy services to an assigned caseload.
- Participates in monitoring the therapeutic environment to ensure that behavioral guidelines are followed, a therapeutic milieu is maintained, and interpersonal relationships remain positive.
- Provides individual counseling and facilitation of caseload group meetings and other assigned groups.
- Provides psycho-education and counseling germane to chemical dependency and relapse prevention.
- Administers appropriate behavioral interventions as needed.
- Provides role-modeling to Case Manager I staff.
- Fills gaps in client services and programmatic activities created by fluctuations in staffing patterns.
- Participates in assessment screenings to determine client needs/preferences; formulates and implements treatment, transition, and discharge plans with individual clients.
- Assumes staff-on-duty assignments as requested, including the observation of urine specimen collection.
- Assumes responsibility for medication management including the direct observation of clients during medication pass for adherence to their prescribed medication regime.
- Conducts facility/safety runs and room checks as assigned to visually assess clients for the use of alcohol/ drugs or the environment of care for unsafe conditions.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high quality client records and reporting of client information that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Adheres to all responsibilities and duties of a New York State mandated reporter.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Works cooperatively with other staff as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Functions as a liaison/advocate to clients' families and/or other agencies as needed.
- Provides outreach/education/prevention services to the local community, schools, groups, and agencies as necessary and as approved by management staff.
- Provides crisis intervention/management, generating referrals to Mental Health Services and other provider resources, as indicated.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Strong individual and group counseling skills.
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment modalities and client self-help/support modalities.
- Strong writing skills, competencies in writing goal based/person centered treatment plans and progress notes.
- Ability to participate in CPR and First Aid training.
- High School Diploma or GED and CASAC-T with one year experience in a substance abuse treatment setting.
- CASAC-T certification required,CASAC certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with course work relevant to the human services profession.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment and Microsoft Office knowledge preferred).