Briarwood Administrative Headquarters
Under general supervision of the Operations Coordinator, position is responsible for providing staff coverage of the reception area of a Samaritan Village facility. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the main reception area of the facility in a manner that immediately conveys the agency's professionalism.
- Operates the primary switchboard, which may be computerized, and routes incoming telephone calls to appropriate parties.
- Transcribes telephone messages.
- Greets all visitors to the program site.
- Maintains a warm, but professional, demeanor in all interactions with the community, program participants, and staff.
- Signs for all incoming packages and pick-up services outgoing packages.
- Enforces and complies with security measures that may be implemented to protect the integrity of the program environment (sign-in/sign-out sheets, visitors badges, incident reports, fire drill and security alarm procedures and trains security personnel.
- Observes all pertinent laws governing client and/or staff confidentiality.
- Handles light typing assignments and filing.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Two years + experience as switchboard operator and/or receptionist.
- Ability to articulate program mission to the public; possesses good communication skills.
- Well groomed personal appearance, courteous and friendly demeanor.