The Samaritan Village Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF), Assistant Program Director reports to the SSVF Program Director and is responsible for assisting in the overall development and management of the program. He/she is responsible for providing overall leadership to the program team in the daily operations of the office and distribution of services to veteran households. Additionally, the Assistant Program Director will be responsible for guiding the team in the delivery of program services on and off-site in the community to veterans who are literally homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day programmatic operations of the program.
- Active in the formulation and implementation of program and organizational policy.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate recruitment, hiring, and training for all service personnel.
- Assists the Program Director in providing a forum for ongoing staff development and team building.
- Provides supervision to program staff to ensure sound casework practice and adherence to program and Samaritan Village Policies and Procedures.
- Assists the Program Director to ensure contractual compliance with program goals and objectives.
- Assists the Program Director in developing a model for intervention using a multifaceted approach of skills building, group work and casework.Responsible for the appropriate utilization of AWARDS by all site personnel through case review of materials in the database and the running of reports on a scheduled and periodic basis.
- Develops qualitative and quantitative reporting systems to assess effectiveness of service delivery.
- Assists the Program Director in establishing the standards and procedures for all case-related activities.
- Assists the Program Director in coordinating all outreach activities.
- Acts on behalf of the Program Director in her/his absence.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Excellent writing skills.
Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Computer literate specifically in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications required.
Knowledge of the challenges faced by veterans and the supportive services available to successfully support the population.
Master’s Degree, MSW or related field
Bachelor’s Degrees, BSW or related field with a Minimum two (2) years
- Knowledge of CARES and DHS regulations a plus.