REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR of SOCIAL SERVICES
Under general supervision, (1) in collaboration with clients; interview and evaluate clients and formulate Independent Living Plans; (2) locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients; and (3) relocate to permanent housing.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish professional relationships with clients; engage them in permanency services and ensure client confidentiality.
- Review all documentation establishing clients' eligibility for program and pre-screen for non-shelter alternatives
- Using CARES to complete Independent Living Plans (ILPS) weekly or bi-weekly
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake and psycho-social assessment of clients and clients' families' needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with clients, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by referring them to permanent housing opportunities and identifying and locating community resources for clients and by making referrals to appropriate services
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled contact and document via progress notes.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, childcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- Schedule appointments for client with referral organizations.
- Escort clients to appointments (housing, entitlements, educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- Assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and may process applications on clients' behalf.
- Relocation Case Review (RCS) for referral for aftercare services.
- Strong individual and group counseling skills.
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment modalities and client self-help/support modalities.
- Strong writing skills, competencies in writing goal based/person centered treatment plans and progress notes.
- Ability to participate in CPR and First Aid training.
- English Language Speaking
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BSW) required.
- Knowledge of homeless population, computer literacy, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CARES a plus.