Licensed Social Worker (LMSW & LCSW) - All Locations
Summary about Family Transitional Residences:
Family Transitional Residences provide transitional housing for Homeless Families. These facilities offer services to families who request emergency housing to the NYC Department of Homeless Services. In a supportive environment, the Family Transitional Residences works with these residents to identify barriers and to develop Independent Living Plans that will help to quickly move them into permanent housing.
Provides a variety of clinical services including: individual and specialized group counseling to meet the needs of persons served, intake/screening assessments for program applicants, crisis counseling and family counseling. Conducts psychosocial assessments, mental health/mental status examinations and makes treatment planning recommendations as well as internal and external client referrals. Must have cultural awareness of military persons and experience working with trauma and substance abuse.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts bio-psychosocial assessments, mental status and mental health evaluations.
- Conducts individual, group and family counseling consistent with the objectives identified in clients' individual treatment plans and makes referrals for appropriate levels of care for designated clients.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely client records that comply with regulatory requirements and agency internal policy and procedure.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Serves as a liaison to community agencies and organizations. Assists with forging professional linkages, relationships with concrete services/other community service providers and referral sources.
- Facilitates specialized, therapeutic groups based upon client and program need.
- Adheres to social work standards and ethical principles, agency policies and procedures, and maintains professional relationships with other disciplines, clients, and community supports.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining the knowledge and skill necessary to facilitate didactic, process experiential and supportive group approaches.
- Assumes staff-on-duty assignments as requested, including the observation of urine specimen collection and medication management including the direct observation of clients during medication pass for adherence to their prescribed medication regime.
- Adheres to all responsibilities and duties of a New York State mandated reporter.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work. A minimum of one year demonstrated experience in a community-based agency, two years experience in chemical dependency and/or therapeutic community and/or a minimum of one-year mental health services.
- LMSW, required. LCSW, preferred.
- Skilled in providing services that support residential or outpatient therapeutic models of care, i.e., parenting and family skills groups, family counseling, trauma/survivors groups, gender groups, anger management groups, etc.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (knowledge of Windows based environment and Microsoft Office preferred)