Samaritan Community Counseling Center-Bronx location
The Psychiatrist shall serve as the primary team psychiatrist and shall provide direct clinical care in a New York State Office of Mental Health licensed program. The psychiatrist will work closely with the behavioral health team that consists of other psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and social workers. He/she will be an integral member of the team and provide treatment to patients in the behavioral health continuum. The psychiatrist shall provide onsite psychiatric emergency crisis management, consultation, and participates in clinical training and staff development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations for program participants.
- Provides onsite psychiatric consultation to agency mental health staff.
- Evaluates the need for, prescribes and monitors psychotropic medication provided to clients as needed.
- Collaborates and interacts with agency mental health staff/other clinical staff and participates in case conferences, team meetings, in-service workshops.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely client records that comply with regulatory standards and agency internal policy and procedure. Completes statistical and other reports as required.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Execute collaboration agreement with the on-site Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Helps plan, develops and conducts training programs to maintain and improve staff understanding of co-occurring psychiatric conditions
- Participates in efforts to monitor the quality and effectiveness of ongoing clinical services.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- A graduate from an accredited medical school. Licensed to practice medicine in New York State.
- Board Certification in Psychiatry with a specialty in Addiction and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Prior work experience with substance abuse population, working with the underserved, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities (co-occurring mental health, substance abuse and physical health problems).
- No current investigation by a representative or agent of any governmental body including Federal healthcare programs (Medicaid or Medicare), healthcare organization, or any professional society, due to allegations of substandard client/patient care, medical negligence or unethical behavior; no prior restriction or termination of clinical privileges by the medical staff of any healthcare organization or a state or federal medical license/certification/registration; no Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or General Services Administration (GSA) sanction.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment knowledge preferred) EMR experience.
- Bilingual preferred.