New York, NY
The primary goal of this supervisory position is to ensure the safe and efficient operations of an agency residential or ambulatory facility/program. Via managing and monitoring of administrative, fiscal, food services, physical plant safety and security and transportation systems this position supports a positive environment of care for persons served. The Director of Operations assures a clean, hazard free and effective treatment environment to support the effective delivery of the clinical services. In addition this position supervises a diverse team of support and clinical staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for program adherence to Federal, state and regulatory guidelines governing physical plant, food services operations and fire/safety management.
- Manages and monitors the program environment to ensure that regulatory guidelines and agency safety/security policies are followed, a therapeutic milieu is maintained and interpersonal and professional relationships remain positive.
- Manages and monitors daily kitchen operations, vehicle/transportation systems and the physical plant as per policies/procedures in the agency's Health, Safety and Risk Management Manual. Supervises night, weekend staff, Food Services staff, facility/program maintenance staff and the Healthcare Coordinator.
- Provides regularly scheduled clinical and administrative supervision to assigned staff.
- Documents supervisory sessions with staff.
- Helps identify staff's training needs and, in response, plans, develops and/or conducts training towards maintaining and improving staff competencies and compliance with agency policy and procedure.
- Ensures that all program staff uphold the agency's Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics and comply with all Federal, state and local law/regulation, including 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Manages inventories of cosmetic, janitorial and office supplies.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and check requests.
- Monitors and supervises agency vehicles assigned to the facility.
- Ensures that the facility telephone system is maintained in working condition.
- As needed, functions as custodian of the petty cash fund.
- Computes and processes client personal needs allowance monies.
- Informs Program Director of all activities and significant conditions, which may impact facility operations and client care.
- As requested by the Program Director develops the annual physical plant maintenance budget.
- Participates in quality improvement/other agency committees or work groups.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge of general accounting, inventory and bookkeeping practices.
- Possesses strong time management, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to implement and monitor policy and procedure in accordance with regulatory and agency guidelines.
- Knowledge of Federal and state law/regulation governing substance abuse treatment, including confidentiality, security and privacy of protected health information.
- Knowledge of NYC Department of Homeless Services regulations pertaining to physical plant management, food services management and fire safety management
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years of related business experience.
- Basic keyboard skills and computer literacy (Window based environment knowledge preferred).