DEPARTMENT: Real Estate and Housing
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Real Estate and Housing
Under general direction, is responsible for the management of the Agency properties including: overseeing their general upkeep, keeping them secure, contracting for necessary services and ensuring that all construction and repairs are made on schedule and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forecasts financial requirements, prepares an annual budget, schedules expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating issues, inspects sites, schedules repairs, plans renovations, contracts with landscaping, trash collection and snow removal services.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants; explains advantages of location and services; shows available space.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; securing deposit.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervises repairs.
- Secures properties by contracting with security services, installing and maintaining alarm systems, establishing policies and responding to emergencies.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Oversees relocation of offices and moving of equipment and furniture.
- Utilizes available contacts to locate suitable property for purchase or rent.
- Oversees preventive maintenance being performed on Agency properties to ensure they are kept in top condition.
- Maintains a network of reliable plumbers, electricians, carpenters and other contractors.
- Hires, evaluates, disciplines, terminates, directs and supervises subordinate employees who may be providing security, concierge, cleaning and maintenance services.
- Ensures contractors and other repairmen are completing their work in a proper and timely manner.
- Keeps records on the Agency properties including incomes, expenses, list of inspections, maintenance requests, record of repair, costs of repair, maintenance costs and insurance costs.
- Interacts with various City and State agencies involved in inspecting and regulating the Agency’s properties.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- At least five years of experience in property management, preferably with affordable or supportive housing.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with owners, develops, real estate brokers, contractors, etc.
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to manage a scattered portfolio