Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN- Ellenville & NYC Area
Cape Road Ellenville, NY
Ellenville- Ellenville, NY
Myrtle Ave- Brooklyn, NY
Van Wyck- Queens, NY
New Beginnings- Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: Physician
Under general supervision of the RN and/or Physician, supports providers in provision of care including recording vital signs, discussing chief health concerns, performing testing, assisting with procedures and documentation. Assesses, plans, evaluates and delivers nursing care in collaboration with RN and/or Physician.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with patient care including checking vital signs, blood pressure, pulse rate, breathing, temperature, weight, discussing chief health concerns, administers injections and performs test.
- Takes patient’s medical history, all pretreatment formalities and enters data in computer system.
- Follows orders of physician and registered nurse in providing care.
- Records in patients’ record a detailed report of care given.
- Handles proper charting, documentation and maintenance of patients’ medical records.
- Checks, cleans and dresses wounds.
- Reinforces instructions given to patient by RN or Physician.
- Notifies RN or Physician of significant finding or changes in patient’s physical or mental condition.
- Places phone calls to pharmacies to order prescriptions.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
- Pulls and prepares patient charts.
- Maintains neatness of work area.
- Stocks patient rooms with supplies.
- Provides emotional support as needed.
- Initiates emergency assistance as per policies and procedures.
- Attends staff development trainings and nursing conferences.
- Keeps skills current and increases knowledge and productivity.
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School Diploma, plus one year of LPN technical or vocational training.
- At least one year of experience as an LPN
- Current NY State LPN License.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to speak, write, speak and understand English
- Good organizational skills
- Team player and able to work independently