Independence Outpatient Treatment- Bronx, NY
New Beginnings- Bronx, NY
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR CLINICAL AND DIRECTOR OF VOCATIONAL SERVICES
Under general direction, is responsible for assessing client skills, aptitudes, needs and preferences towards facilitating the client’s job readiness and employment search. This position provides individual and group vocational counseling including assessments, evaluations, and referrals. Functions as an integral member of the multi disciplinary team, participating in developing vocational goals and objectives for the client’s treatment plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts educational/vocational assessments, including work and educational history, administers educational/vocational tests, and evaluates clients' job readiness and job search skills.
- Utilizes the results of assessment to develop with clients vocational/educational goals and objectives and provides and/or coordinates those activities which will help clients achieve identified goals of securing employment and/or education.
- Provides on-going individual and group counseling to help clients make appropriate vocational/employment decisions, obtain job readiness/employment, and maintain employment.
- Assists clients in obtaining appropriate identification.
- Participates in assessing and maintaining clients’ Job Performance Evaluations towards improving skill levels in preparation for employment.
- Prepares required reports and keeps statistics on client participation in work related activities and employment.
- As assigned, assumes staff-on-duty assignments, including the observation of urine specimen collection, medication management including the direct observation of clients during medication pass for adherence to their prescribed medication regime and conducts facility/safety runs and room checks as assigned to visually assess clients for the use of alcohol/ drugs or the environment of care for unsafe conditions.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high quality client records that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Functions as an integral member of the treatment team by participating in case conferences, team meetings, treatment planning meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc.
- Refers clients to appropriate vocational/educational services in community and monitors progress.
- Provides follow-up and post-job placement support services to clients including linkages to transitional benefits.
- Develops and maintains linkages with community based educational, remedial, vocational, employment and support resources.
- Adheres to all responsibilities and duties of a New York State mandated reporter.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- A Masters Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling or Guidance; Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) credential (Qualified Healthcare Credential) is preferred.
- One year of experience in an agency providing vocational rehabilitation counseling for substance abusers or clients in other types of behavioral healthcare settings.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong vocational assessment, individual and group vocational/job preparation skills.
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment modalities and client self-help/support modalities.
- Strong writing skills; competencies in writing comprehensive educational/vocational assessments and progress notes.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)