Harlem Outpatient Treatment- Manhattan, NY
JOB TITLE: Site Registrar
DEPARTMENT: Agency Program
REPORTS TO: Program Director
The Site Registrar is responsible for recording of the inflow of client financial medical data on behalf of the organization. This includes processing and monitoring all billing. Performing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the client insurance data is accurately recorded in Accumedic/I-Series and up to date. It is the Site Registrar’s responsibility to ensure that the billing is entered timely and accurately, whereby ensuring that organization is paid within established time limits as well as ensuring all revenue is captured.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of duties, including but not limited to file creation and maintenance, document collection, application processing, scheduling, correspondences, report preparation and general administrative processing.
- Creates new financial folders consisting of New Admit forms, Exemption forms for HMO’s, Financial Service Agreement, Benefits Assessment and Registration form, Additional Comments form, and Emergency Contact Form.
- Reviews financial folder upon intake, meets with client to explain processes and what to expect, and becomes familiar with client and payment source.
- Disseminates forms and retains transmittal affirmation.
- Ensures application includes required ID and Insurance information (i.e. social security, birth certificate, and photo id) as well as necessary appropriate release (i.e. HIPAA, program letter, shelter verification and county paperwork requirement and verify if applicable).
- Processes client financial application and appointments by determining appropriate information and verifying acceptability.
- Bills self-pay clients for necessary charges, tracks weekly/monthly bills acquired by self-pay clients, and advises Program Director/Management of any self-pay issues immediately as they arise.
- Updates I-Series and Accumedic with new and/or corrected information (i.e. Medicaid numbers, Sequence numbers, Private insurance information)
- Refers client to local DSS to process for P/A, M/A, and F/S, or home county, as applicable.
- Secures requested information and responds to notices within expected time frames or request extensions as appropriate.
- Follow-ups and monitors insurance information and financial requirements, including submitting reports on a timely basis and terminating client as warranted and approved.
- Answers incoming phones calls.
- Creates and maintains required logs and signature as warranted.
- Prepares analysis of account, as required.
- Distributes Metro Cards when warranted.
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- BA in Accounting/Finance, or related field, preferred.
- Must have at least 2-3 years minimum experience in Billing/Entitlements.
- Accumedic experience, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of office administration and billing procedures.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to problem solve, including identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner, including gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Adaptable to change in work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering client data.
- Maintain a high level confidentiality concerning client information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Always be courteous to clients, families, and other staff members.
- Adaptable to change in the work environment.
- Experience working with diverse populations.