Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources
The Assistant Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization. This position provides the strategic human resource planning, vision and direction for human capital strategy in alignment with our mission, operational goals, and growth. As a member of the Executive Management team, this position manages all HR functional areas including talent acquisition and management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and engagement, and HR operations. Through thought leadership and collaboration this leader builds and maintains effective relationships at all levels of the organization from front line employees to the Executive Team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with leadership to understand the current and future workforce needs. Develops and/or improves programs and practices to ensure organizational needs are met to support strong performance, productivity and talent acquisition, leadership development, engagement and retention of a high quality, diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Accountable for performance, development and coaching of staff (i.e. hiring, firing, performance management, salary increases, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all legal requirements of various human resources policies, programs and practices. Maintains expert knowledge of applicable employment law and government programs.
- Provides guidance in the interpretation of human resource guidelines and laws to management and staff regarding work-related issues, creating an environment of empowerment and accountability. Works to create a workplace culture consistent with the agency’s and which emphasized the mission, vision, guiding principles and values of our organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, Human Resource Management, or closely related field.
- Eight to ten years of progressively responsible human resource supervisory and management experience, with a minimum of three (3) years at Director level or above; or, minimum five years senior management or executive level role wherein responsibilities included functional and strategic aspects of business or human resources, with a proven ability to demonstrate measurable results of human capital and cultural transformation through analytics and metrics.
- SPHR, or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to read analyze, interpret and advise regarding complex federal, state and local employment regulations and associated legal documentation; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, and the general public; Ability to successfully review other’s work products and provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
**How to apply: Prepare and submit a letter of interest and a cv/resume to: Michelle A. DeMott, Chief of Staff. Subject line: Assistant Vice President, Human Resources. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.**